Get Effective Treatment For Stretch Marks Through Laser Services
After you have your last baby, you might decide to invest some money on your body so that it can look as good as it did prior to having children. A lot of women suffer from stretch marks left by pregnancy, and aesthetic dermatology can be used to remove these unsightly marks on the body. Laser stretch mark removal is one of the most popular ways this is done, and here are three things you should know about this stretch marks and laser removal services.
Why Do Stretch Marks Appear?
Stretch marks are lines that appear on the skin anytime the skin stretches out too quickly, and this is why pregnancy often leaves stretch marks on a woman's stomach and breasts. This occurs because the skin stretches out so much in a short amount of time, and the skin is actually damaged when this happens.
Women often try using creams and ointments to get the marks to go away, but these products rarely work.
How Does Laser Removal Work?
During this procedure, an aesthetic dermatologist aims a laser at the stretch marks. This laser is extremely powerful, and it has the ability to reach the inner layers of the skin. As the laser is aimed at the skin, it sends pulses of light, heat, and energy to these inner layers. Over time, the skin targeted by the laser begins to be replaced with fresh layers of skin.
While laser stretch mark removal does not offer instant results, it does tend to have good results for most people.
Does This Method Offer Benefits Over Alternative Options?
There are other surgical options available for stretch mark removal, but laser removal services have many benefits over the other options, including:
- It's faster – You can have this procedure completed in 30 minutes in most cases.
- Anesthesia is not used – Most people do not need any form, level, or type of anesthesia to have this procedure completed, but most alternative methods do require anesthesia.
- Painless – Another benefit is that there is no pain involved with the process.
- FDA approved – The Federal Drug Administration has approved the use of lasers for this purpose and many more, which means laser stretch mark removal is completely safe.
- No down time – Finally, you will not have to miss work or any other activities in your life after you have this completed.
If you are interested in getting this procedure done to help you get rid of your stretch marks, contact an aesthetic dermatologist (such as those from Appearance Dermatology). You can make an appointment with this type of doctor to learn more about the procedure and other types of cosmetic procedures.