Not Again: 3 Ways To Alleviate Recurring Neck Pain
If you experience neck pain on a daily basis, it might be due to the fact that your head weighs about 10 lbs. That's a lot of weight for your neck to carry day-after-day. While there isn't anything you can do about the weight of your head, there are some things you can do to alleviate the pain you experience. The first thing you should do is see your doctor to ensure you don't have any underlying medical conditions that are causing the pain. Next, here are three simple ways to help with neck pain treatment.
Relax Your Neck Muscles
The next time you find yourself in a stressful situation, take a minute and concentrate on your neck muscles. They're probably tense. When you're stressed or experiencing tension, your neck muscles tighten. You can relieve the tension and relax your neck muscles by doing one simple exercise.
- Place your elbows on your desk.
- Rest your face in the palms of your hands.
- Press your face into the palms of your hands.
- Hold that position for about 10 seconds and then release pressure.
- Repeat this three times.
Try Aroma Therapy and Heat
If your neck is tired and achy after a long day at work, you can relieve the pain by relaxing with aroma therapy and heat. For this method, you'll need one tube sock, white rice, three cinnamon sticks, three whole cloves and a rubber band.
- Fill your tube sock with white rice.
- Add your cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Use your rubber band to seal the end of your sock.
- Place the sock in a microwave and heat on high for about 3 minutes.
- Place the sock around the back of your neck and relax for about 30 minutes.
- Use this aroma therapy sock whenever you're experiencing neck pain.
Soak with Epsom Salts
Neck strain is often accompanied by pain and inflammation. You can use Epsom salts to relieve those symptoms. Epsom salt compresses can be applied directly to your sore neck. You'll need Epsom salts, water, one large bowl and a clean wash cloth.
- Place 2 cups of water in a large bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons Epsom salts to the water.
- Place your wash cloth in the bowl and allow it to soak for a few minutes.
- Wring the cloth out and place it on your neck for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat as needed.
Neck pain can make it difficult to carry out your normal daily activities. Use the methods described here to alleviate the pain and discomfort.